Spice up your plate with this delicious twist to the basic, everyday salmon. Seasoned with a little kick and topped off with a cool and refreshing salsa to cut the heat just enough for a winning combination.
Try spicing up your next dinner by making this dish and let me know what you think!
Blackened Salmon with Avocado-Mango Salsa
Salmon fillet(s), skin on
1 tbsp. Paprika
1 tbsp. Cayenne
½ Tsp Thyme
1 Tbsp. Oregano
1 Tsp Sea Salt
For the Salsa:
2 Tbsp. Cilantro
½ Cup of Grape Tomatoes
2 Tbsp. Red Onion
1 Clove of Garlic
1 Tsp Lime Juice
½ Tsp Sea Salt
- Heat coconut oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Mix together paprika, cayenne, thyme, oregano and sea salt together. Completely coat salmon fillet(s) on all sides except for the skin.
- Once all oil is melted, place salmon in the skillet face down and skin side up. Cook for about 3 minutes and flip to skin side down.
- Cook for 3-4 more minutes or until cooked to desired doneness. Remove from skillet and onto serving dish.
- For the salsa, chop up the avocado, mango, cilantro, tomatoes, and red onion. Combine with garlic, lime juice and sea salt.
- Top plated salmon with salsa and enjoy!
Click here to download this recipe!