Anything that comes in mint is usually my favorite: ice cream, gum, shakes, etc! This recipe uses Matcha Muscle’s Pea Protein powder to create a healthier and delicious mint & matcha protein shake to enjoy anytime!
Mint Matcha Protein Shake
Recipe inspired by The Minimalist Baker
1 14 oz can light Coconut milk
1/4 Tsp Peppermint Extract
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp Mint, fresh
2 Tsp Matcha Muscle “Original + Pea Protein”
2 Tbsp Coconut Cream
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
1 Tbsp Blue Agave Honey
1/2 cup frozen spinach
Cacao Nibs (option, for topping)
1. Pour Light coconut milk into ice cube trays and freeze for at least 4 hours.
2. Place half of the cubes in a blender. Add all of the remaining ingredients except for the cacao nibs and blend together. If mixture is too runny, add more Coconut milk ice cubes.
3. Pour into a glass and top with cacao nibs!
Serving size: 1 shake
I’m a big fan peanut butter cups, so I had to recreate these Coconut-Matcha filled versions with my Matcha Muscle “Culinary Matcha!” These are made using a mini cupcake tin for bite sized cups that are easy to enjoy!
Chocolate Coconut Matcha Cups
Recipe inspired by Food & Wine Magazine
4 oz Dark Chocolate Baking Bar
1 1/2 cups Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
1 Tsp Matcha Muscle “Culinary Matcha”
2 Tsp Blue Agave Honey
Sea Salt (optional for topping)
1. Place parchment cups in mini cupcake tin.
2. Slowly melt 1/2 of the chocolate in a small sauce pan over low heat. Watch closely so the chocolate doesn’t burn. Stir until completely melted and remove from heat.
3. Scoop chocolate into each cup evenly then place tin in freezer for 10 minutes, or until chocolate is completely hardened.
4. Place Shredded Coconut in a blender or food processor and mix for several minutes, pausing every minute to stir, until Coconut becomes smooth. This process makes “Coconut Butter.”
5. Mix Coconut butter, Matcha and Honey together. Scoop about a teaspoon of the mixture over the chocolate base layer.
6. Slowly heat up remaining 1/2 of the chocolate on low. Cover each cup with chocolate. Top with a sprinkle of sea salt and place in refrigerator until cool.
Serving Size: About 6 mini cups
As you probably know by now, cooking, baking and drinking coffee are just a few of the things I enjoy on a regular basis. What you might not know about me is even though I have never been a cigarette or cannabis smoker, I have occasionally enjoyed smoking hookah. It all started in college at a local coffee and hookah shop on campus that my friend and I would frequent quite often. What I had enjoyed most was the different combination of flavors and mastering the art of “blowing O’s” with the smoke. Of course as any good parent would, my mom would always remind me of how much worse smoking hookah was than even smoking a cigarette. Ultimately, I wasn’t enjoying the hookah for the hazardous chemicals and nicotine in the “shisha” or flavored tobacco. I was in it for the flavor and smoke blowing tricks.
It’s back! The founders of the Arizona Taco Festival are partnering with The Camby, a luxury lifestyle urban hotel, to throw an exciting event on National Guacamole Day, September 16th, 2017, called Rock The Guac. This is the second time that this event is taking place. Last years event was amazing, so I can only imagine how much bigger this years will be at The Camby. The event will pit (pun intended!) more than 12 of the Valley’s top chefs against each other in a friendly culinary battle while providing a festive way for guacamole fans to “rock out with their guac out.” This fiesta also marks the final countdown until the Arizona Taco Festival at Salt River Fields on October 14-15, 2017.
I’ve always been a fan of monthly subscription services. You sign up for a product or category that you love and every month, a box arrives to your doorstep with a new product to try! Genius! Probably the most well-known monthly subscription boxes would have to be for makeup or clothing, but I’ve found one that tops them all: Winc, a personalized wine club and winery offering an online membership experience for monthly wine delivery!
Calling myself a foodie would be an understatement and there’s nothing more exciting than trying a new local restaurant! I decided to take my excitement and put it into writing by blogging about NEW and LOCAL restaurants around Phoenix that you definitely need to try! First up: Grubstak in Gilbert, AZ. (more…)
Ahh! Christmas is less than a week away, and if you’re anything like me, you’re nowhere near done buying for all of the special people in your life! So while you’re frantically searching store to store and on numerous sites on the internet, I’ve decided to put a gift list together of my own ranging from small, yet perfect for anyone to outrageously awesome. You know…balance. Have a look:
It’s everybody’s favorite weekend: The Arizona Taco Festival weekend! Yay Tacos! For two days only, you can go to one location and taste a variety of tacos from restaurants all over the Phoenix area!
When the tag line of an event is “Rock out with your Guac out,” you know it’s about to be one hell of a time!