Who doesn’t love Jalapeno Poppers? Usually, poppers are comprised of just a deep fried and breaded jalapeno that is filled with either cream cheese or cheddar cheese that is small enough to be demolished in 1 to 2 bites (varies by how big of a mouth you have and how hungry you are at the time). But with this recipe, I decided to switch it up a bit…
For this recipe, the chicken is stuffed and covered, encompassing the same amount of heat while neutralizing the fire with just enough cream cheese and cheddar cheese to keep your mouth from setting on fire. Of course, I couldn’t leave out one of the essential ingredients: jalapenos! Slices of jalapenos top the stuffed chicken for just an extra kick!
Let me know what you think!
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Cream Cheese, plain
Cheddar Cheese Slices
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat medium non-stick skillet over high heat. Coat with cooking spray.
- Season chicken on all sides with taco seasoning, salt and pepper. Turn skillet down to medium and brown each piece of chicken on both sides.
- Remove chicken from skillet and place onto a baking sheet that is coated with cooking spray.
- Spread 1-2 scoops of cream cheese on half of each chicken, top with shredded cheese, and fold in half so chicken is covering cream cheese completely.
- Cut up the jalapeno into slices and place on top of chicken. Top Jalapeno slices with 1-2 slices of cheddar cheese to cover chicken once melted.
- Repeat steps 5-6 for all pieces of chicken
- Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through completely! Remove from oven and enjoy!
Click here to download this recipe!