I’m a big fan peanut butter cups, so I had to recreate these Coconut-Matcha filled versions with my Matcha Muscle “Culinary Matcha!” These are made using a mini cupcake tin for bite sized cups that are easy to enjoy!
Chocolate Coconut Matcha Cups
Recipe inspired by Food & Wine Magazine
4 oz Dark Chocolate Baking Bar
1 1/2 cups Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
1 Tsp Matcha Muscle “Culinary Matcha”
2 Tsp Blue Agave Honey
Sea Salt (optional for topping)
1. Place parchment cups in mini cupcake tin.
2. Slowly melt 1/2 of the chocolate in a small sauce pan over low heat. Watch closely so the chocolate doesn’t burn. Stir until completely melted and remove from heat.
3. Scoop chocolate into each cup evenly then place tin in freezer for 10 minutes, or until chocolate is completely hardened.
4. Place Shredded Coconut in a blender or food processor and mix for several minutes, pausing every minute to stir, until Coconut becomes smooth. This process makes “Coconut Butter.”
5. Mix Coconut butter, Matcha and Honey together. Scoop about a teaspoon of the mixture over the chocolate base layer.
6. Slowly heat up remaining 1/2 of the chocolate on low. Cover each cup with chocolate. Top with a sprinkle of sea salt and place in refrigerator until cool.
Serving Size: About 6 mini cups