Summer in Arizona is a blessing and a curse. It’s hot and sunny 95% of the year and it practically never snows. But when the temperatures get as high as 120 degrees and your face seems to melt off on your walk from the car, you don’t even want to go outside!
One way to survive this summer is with a sweet and cold treat. Most summer cookouts use a grill for barbecuing and this dessert will be a great ending to any summer get together.
Grilled Fruit over Vanilla Ice Cream
Peaches, Pineapples, Bananas, Mangos (or any of your favorite fruit)
Maple Syrup (or honey and brown sugar)
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Preheat the grill.
- Wash all fruit and pat dry. Cut fruit in half and set aside.
- Mix together equal parts of maple syrup and olive oil in a bowl.
- Coat each piece of fruit with mixture.
- Place each piece of fruit on the grill top over medium heat for a few minutes on each side. Remove from grill.
- Place ice cream in a bowl. Cut up each fruit into pieces and sprinkle over ice cream.
- Drizzle ice cream with caramel sauce and pecan pieces and enjoy!
Click here to download this recipe!