I’ve always seen hasselback potatoes made with russet potatoes and decided to try them with sweet potatoes, as well. This method of cooking sweet potatoes is great for meal prepping and they’re even delicious as left overs!
I topped my sweet potatoes with brown sugar and mini marshmallows, making this more of an individual sweet potato casserole. Feel free to top your hasselback sweet potato with whatever you would like!
Loaded Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Wash potatoes and pat dry. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut off a small section on the bottom of the potato to lay flat. Begin cutting small sections width-wise, leaving about ½ centimeter uncut on the bottom.
- Spread olive oil over the entire potato, including in-between each slice.
- Place tinfoil in a baking dish and put the potatoes in the dish.
- Sprinkle sea salt on oiled potatoes and place in the heated oven. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread butter over each potato. Sprinkle brown sugar over each potato. Stuff a marshmallow in-between each slice.
- Place potatoes back into the oven and bake for an additional 30 minutes. Remove from oven, top with additional brown sugar and marshmallows.
Click here to download this recipe!