I love cooking but its hard to find a way to cook just for yourself without having to eat all of the left overs! Creating individual or bite-sized meals makes this easy!
I’ve seen a few different recipes for “bombs” that incorporate bacon cheese burgers or even bagels stuffed with cream cheese and decided to make a unique version of my own. I’m not Italian, but Italian dishes involving pasta, marinara and cheese have always been a favorite of mine and I decided to create a “Lasagna Bomb.” Traditionally, these “bombs” tend to be bite sized, but to fit all of the lasagna ingredients inside, these are more like the size of a fist. Yum!
Let me know what you think!
½ pound Ground Beef
White Onion, Small
Pillsbury Dough Sheet
4 Ounces Ricotta Cheese
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) In a medium skillet, brown ground beef and chopped onion. Season with about 1 Tsp each of oregano, Italian seasoning, basil and garlic salt and mix together completely.
3) Mix together ricotta, egg, and chopped fresh parsley in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
4) Unroll dough sheets and separate. On one section of dough, place a ½ inch of mozzarella, top with a pinch of parmesan, a scoop of marinara sauce, a scoop of ricotta mixture and finally the ground beef mixture.
5) Fold the sides of the dough up and around the toppings until completely covered. Boom! Place Lasagna Bombs with folded side down on a greased baking sheet.
6) Repeat with all sections of dough. Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until dough is slightly golden brown.
7) Serve as is or place on top of heated marinara sauce! Enjoy!
Click here to download this recipe!