Caprese has always been a favorite dish of mine. Either as a salad or an appetizer, itís incredibly simple to put together and thereís no real way to mess it up!Caprese can be a little bit messy if you just layer it together and top with the oil and vinegar. In this recipe, I take the messiness out of equation for an easier way to enjoy this classic dish.
Mini Caprese Bites
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cut off the tops of each tomato and hollow out the center.
- Chop up a few fresh basil leaves.
- Slice a few thin pieces of mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle a few pieces of basil on the mozzarella and roll the cheese up enclosing the basil.
- Place the cheese roll into the hollowed tomato. Repeat with all of the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle each with a dash of olive oil and balsamic vinegar reduction (simmer balsamic vinegar in a sauce pan for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, then remove from heat and let cool).
Click here to download this recipe!