I don’t know whether to call Monkey Bread breakfast or dessert, but I do remember looking forward to eating it at sleepovers growing up! It is definitely a treat that is big enough to be shared with the whole family or your coworkers.
I love experimenting by adding a little twist to a classic recipe. Traditionally, monkey bread consists of just cinnamon, sugar and butter. Some add nuts for an added crunch. This time, I decided to add chocolate, graham crackers, marshmallows, and Nutella® transforming this classic into a breakfast Hazelnut S’mores!
Whether you make this at your next brunch on the weekend or for dessert, I’m sure you won’t face any complaints!
Recipe Inspired by Pillsbury™
Nutella® S’mores Monkey Bread
½ Cup sugar
1 Tsp Cinnamon
3 Cinnamon Graham Crackers or about ½ cup graham crackers, crushed
2 cans Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers biscuits
1 cup chocolate chips
½ cup mini marshmallows
1 ¼ cup marshmallow crème
¾ cup butter
1 Tsp vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray fluted tube or Bundt cake pan with cooking spray.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, and graham cracker in a bowl.
- Open can of biscuits and cut each into quarters. Coat biscuits in the mixture.
- Layer biscuits with chocolate, marshmallows and remaining graham cracker crumbs in cake pan. Add dollops of Nutella® throughout layers.
- Melt marshmallow crème, butter and vanilla in small saucepan until completely melted. Pour over layers in cake pan.
- Place Cake Pan on a cookie sheet to bake in case any of the sauce drips out of the pan. Bake for 35 minutes or until browned. Remove from oven. Let cool.
- Flip cake pan upside down over serving dish and enjoy!
Makes about 10 servings.
Click here to download this recipe!