Traditionally, I’ve always thought that making a steak at home meant that you had to use the grill. I would marinate and season my steaks, place them on the heated grill, and pray that the inside would be cooked enough before the entire steak caught on fire and looked like burnt charcoal (I need to clean my grill).
Luckily, I discovered a better way to cook steaks: in the oven! This method cooks steaks all of the way through to your desired doneness without burning, while remaining juicy and delicious.
Here is how I like to cook my steak in the oven:
Oven Roasted Steak
1-1.5 inch thick Steak (Ribeye or Top Sirloin work the best)
Whatever seasoning you prefer
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove steak from packaging and pat completely dry with paper towel.
- Rub coconut oil on every side of the steak then season with whatever seasoning you would like.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet or pan over medium-high heat.
- Once heated, add steak to the skillet and brown on all sides for a few minutes.
- Place entire skillet and steak in the oven and cook to desired doneness, about 10 minutes for medium. Remember, steak will continue to cook even after removed from the oven.
- Carefully remove skillet with an oven mitt, let the steak rest for a few minutes, transfer to serving dish, and enjoy!
Click here to download this recipe!