Oven Roasted Whole Artichokes
2 Whole Artichokes
1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
2 Tsp. Minced Garlic
1/4 Cup Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs
2 Tbsp. Butter
1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 425 Degrees F
- Wash both artichokes under cold water, dry them off and transfer to a cutting board. With a sharp knife, cut off the stems so that the artichokes can sit upright on a baking dish. Cut about an inch off of the top of each artichoke as pictured below. Cut an “X” in the middle of each artichoke with your knife for better absorption of ingredients.
- Artichokes are now ready to be seasoned. Place each ingredient in between the leaves starting with the lemon juice and follow with the garlic, bread crumbs, butter, parmesan cheese and olive oil.
- Once both artichokes are stuffed, wrap each in tinfoil completely and place on a baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for an hour and twenty minutes.
- Remove from oven, unwrap tinfoil, and enjoy!
- How do you eat whole artichokes? Start by pulling off each individual leaf and scrap the meat off the base of each leaf. Once you have removed all of the leaves, and reached the heart, you must remove the hairy top part to expose the edible, meaty center for you to enjoy. Yum!
Click here to download this recipe!