Ceviche is such a classic recipe combining juice, vegetables, and seafood for a perfectly healthy dish! The best part? This ceviche is even better as leftovers the next day! Trust me…it’s delicious!
Shrimp (¾ to 1 pound, peeled)
2 each: Oranges, lemons, limes
1 Cup Cucumber
¾ Cup Red Onion
1 Serrano Pepper
1 Cup Tomatoes
1 Tablespoon Cilantro plus more for topping
¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Dash of Sea Salt
- Cook the shrimp. Heat lightly salted water on the stove in a sauce pan. Add raw shrimp to nearly boiling water and turn off the heat. Once cooked all of the way through, pour onto a strainer and let cool. Once cooled, cut shrimp into ½ inch pieces and remove any tails. Place shrimp into a large, plastic bowl.
- Using a juicer, extract the juice of all oranges, lemons, and limes and pour into the bowl with the shrimp.
- Cut up the cucumber, red onion and serrano chili into ¼ inch pieces and add to the bowl.
- Chop up the avocados, tomatoes, and cilantro into ¼ inch pieces and place into bowl with oil and sea salt.
- Mix together completely and enjoy.
Serve with tortilla chips. Refrigerate covered leftovers (if you have any). This shrimp ceviche tastes even better the next day!
Click here to download this recipe!