Summertime calls for cookouts, but with the temperatures as high as 120 degrees in Arizona, who wants to stand outside in front of a hot grill? Ribs taste just as great when made in a slow cooker with just the right seasonings and sauces.
Try adding a flavorful rub and even mixing barbeque sauces to add that extra kick of flavor!
1 Slab of Bison Ribs
Your Favorite Rib Rub
1 teaspoon each: garlic powder & onion powder
Your favorite BBQ Sauce
- Turn on slow cooker to high heat.
- Season ribs lightly with sea salt and pepper. Sprinkle with garlic and onion powders.
- Coat the ribs with the rib rub and place ribs into slow cooker with bones facing up, if possible. These Bison ribs are too big for my slow cooker, so I had to lay them down and rotate throughout the cooking time to cook evenly.
- Pour barbeque sauce over both sides of the ribs until completely covered. Cover the slow cooker with lid and cook for 4 hours on high heat.
- Remove ribs from slow cooker, cut into individual ribs, and enjoy!
Click here to download this recipe!