Who doesn’t love going to a Japanese-style Teppanyaki restaurant where the cook prepares the food right in front of you? One of my favorite dishes that they prepare is the Teppanyaki Vegetables! So delicious and easy to make right at home when you might not have enough time to go to one of these “by reservation” restaurants. This side pairs well with practically any kind of meat or fish! I love making more of this than I will eat in one sitting because it is delicious as leftovers and perfect for meal prepping.
1 Large Yellow Onion
4 Green and/or Yellow Zucchini
2 Tbsp Butter (can substitute Coconut Oil, if desired)
Ground Black Pepper to taste
¼ Cup Low Sodium Veri Veri Teriyaki® Sauce
- Chop entire onion and all zucchini into 1-inch-long pieces.
- Heat butter in a large non-stick pan over medium heat. (If using coconut oil instead, vegetables might not brown as easily.)
- Once all butter is melted, add the chopped onion to the pan and sauté for a few minutes until lightly browned.
- Add chopped zucchini to the slightly sautéed onion, sprinkle with ground pepper, stir occasionally until the onions are completely browned and the zucchini is tender.
- Pour Veri Veri Teriyaki® sauce over the vegetables, stir until completely covered, transfer to a serving dish and enjoy!
Makes about 4 servings
Click here to download this recipe!